Founded in 1966, Aegean Fresh Fruits & Vegetables Exporter’s Association is uniting the exporters of fresh fruits and vegetables and products located in the Aegean Region under a single roof. Basic goals of the association are to improve the reputation of the sector and to carry out activities toward increasing exports of the region. With its more than 600 members and over a billion dollars annual exports all over the world, Aegean Fresh and Processed Fruits & Vegetables Exporter’s Association offers a sustainable partnership for Aegean tastes. We aim to be your permanent address for tastiness and freshness by producing a wide range of products due to the climatic variety of coastal areas, supplying most of the domestic demand, exploiting broad transportation links of the area, obtaining high quality output as per international requirements , maintaining traceability of production & transportation, providing sustainable & organic products.
Advantages of Mediterranean climate, fertile and irrigable lands and prolonged sun exposure make it possible to produce a wide range of agricultural products. This atmosphere also sets the grounds for the development of a processing industry of almost all kinds of fruit and vegetables and products. The primary factors regarding such development are; the climate, specifications of the land, proximity of products and ease of transport. Therefore, the majority of the population in the Aegean Region make their living by agricultural activities. Half of our nation’s consumption is distributed from the region.
There are 2 main sectors under the Aegean Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Exporters’ Association. One of them is the fresh fruit and vegetable sector and the other is the fruit and vegetable products sector. Approximately 70% of our exports are fruit and vegetable products, and 30% are fresh fruit and vegetable products. Fruit and vegetable products cover a wide range of products and pickles, fruit juices, dried tomatoes, tomato paste, frozen fruit and vegetables, beverages, sauces stand out as important export products. Among the fresh fruit and vegetable products, products such as cherries, grapes, satsuma tangerines, figs, strawberries, peaches, pomegranates, chestnuts, which are identified with our Aegean Region, are at the forefront in exports. Main export markets are; USA. Germany, England, Iraq, Holland, Italy, France, Israel, Russia…
AEGEAN FRESH FRUITS AND VEGETABLES EXPORTS
- Total Exports ($Mn.) 1.200
- Number of Countries Exported to 200
- Types of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables 30
- Types of Processed Fruits and Vegetables 50
Advantages of the Region
- Excellent climatic advantages to enable our region to grow and process various products for both export and domestic consumption.
- Geographical advantages on the doorstep of Europe with excellent transport links to all continents.
- Modern agricultural techniques, traceability, good agricultural practices, organic production with bio diversity.
- Modern state of the art processing plants, abundance of good raw material, young labor force, market leaders in most products in global export markets.
Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Dried tomatoes are among the most important exports of the Aegean Region.
- The long and hot Mediterranean days, ideal for drying tomatoes in the summer months, make Turkiye an industry leader supported with purpose-built ovens to dry tomatoes virtually year-round.
- Turkish sundried tomatoes, preserved in excellent Turkish Olive oil marinated with herbs make an extremely tasty antipasti, seen on supermarket shelves globally.
- Turkey is the second largest dried tomatoes exporter in the world.
- Numerous exporters
- Technologically and hygienically advanced facilities
- Exported to all corners of the World
- Many options from production to packaging
Tomato Paste Sauces and Condiments
- Excellent growing conditions enable Turkey to produce the best vegetables especially tomato paste
- Ideal Natural conditions enable Türkiye to produce a wide variety of canned and jarred products that are wholesome, additive-free and excellent quality for be used is all kitchens from different cuisines around the world.
- Chopped Tomato and Paste are also very suitable and practical for households
- Turkey Ranks No 6 globally in tomato paste exports
Preserved Fruits and Vegetables
More than 50% of processed fruits and vegetable processing companies are located in the Aegean Region. Main Advantages besides ideal conditions, include close proximity to growing regions of the raw materials, helping to both reduce costs and carbon footprint but also maximizing the quality and health properties including nutrients before being processed and preserved.
Ready to eat products are made using the best quality raw materials, in the most hygienic conditions with traditional methods and special care to replicate that world renowned home-made taste and flavors that Turkey is known for globally.
- Stuffed Vine Leaves
- Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
- Red Kidney Beans
- Stuffed Pepper
- Stuffed Eggplant
Frozen Fruits and Vegetables
Being frozen within hours of harvest, all Turkish fruits and vegetables are renowned worldwide for their quality and freshness, making them a year-round globally favorite.
- Frozen Tomatoes
- Frozen Peppers
- Frozen Potatoes
- Frozen Spinach
- Frozen Corn
- Frozen Onions
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Frozen Strawberries
- Frozen Cherries and Sour Cherries
- Frozen Raspberries
- Frozen Figs
- Frozen Pomegranate Arils
Fruit Juices and Other Beverages
- Apple Juice
- Orange Juice
- Lemon Juice
- Mixed Fruit Juices
- Spring Water
- Mineral Water
- Being one of the largest growers of apples and citrus fruits, make Türkiye one of the most important suppliers globally in fruit juice production worldwide.
- Excellent quality and varieties make our fruit juices the preferred choice in international markets.
- Recent investments in technology and infrastructure have catapulted Turkish wines and beers to be enjoyed for their unique quality and taste.
Infused Dried Fruits
- Grown in Turkey premium grade fruits are carefully sourced and processed using advanced osmotic dehydration technique.
- Wild blueberries
- Orange segments
- Quince dices
- Sour cherries