High protein desserts can be amazing substitutes for sugary readymade desserts that are harmful to health.
Protein is a crucial macronutrient that can bring satiety and aid in fat loss by controlling hunger and cravings. High protein desserts can be beneficial for muscle gain as well.
In this article, we will discuss the best recipes to consider for a healthy dessert.
Recipes for High Protein Desserts
These easy and simple recipes can be easily followed to prepare healthy and delicious high protein desserts at home. Here’s a look at five of them:
1) Greek yogurt vanilla parfait
Greek yogurt is among the best probiotic-rich foods. It’s rich in zinc, calcium, vitamin B12, potassium, and phosphorous.
- 1 cup whole frozen strawberries
- 1 cup whole frozen blueberries
- 1 medium-ripe frozen banana, peeled and cut before hand
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, unflavored or vanilla
- 2 tbsp oatmeal
- Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp of honey
- Roasted almonds, for garnish
- Take the strawberries, blueberries, banana, Greek yogurt, oatmeal, vanilla essence, almond butter, and honey in a glass jar.
- Mix well with a spoon.
- Garnish with some roasted almonds.
- Let it chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
Yogurt can be used in the preparation of other high protein desserts as well. Check out Whether greek yogurt is good for you.
2) Chia seed pudding
Chia seeds are low-carb and keto-friendly. They can be used to make some of the best high protein desserts. Chia seeds are rich in dietary fiber and are among the best foods that help with constipation too. You can also add a scoop of whey protein to make it more nutritious.
- 2 tbsps chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp stevia as a sweetener
- Berries for topping
- Add the yogurt (or milk) and stevia to the chia seeds in a container, and mix well with a spoon.
- Cover the container well, and keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Top with berries, and enjoy this amazing dessert.
Chia seeds are also among the best dietary fiber foods to add to your diet.
3) Banana and walnuts in heavy cream
Walnuts are among the foods that can be consumed on a gluten-free diet. Walnuts can also be used to make trail mixes and walnut smoothies. Bananas contain several vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Walnuts can be used to prepare other high protein desserts as well.
- 1 cup of milk of choice.
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 fresh bananas
- Stevia as a sweetener
- 4 tbsp of heavy cream
- 4 drops of vanilla essence
- Add all the ingredients to a glass bowl, and toss them with a spoon. Keep it in the refrigerator for an hour before consuming.
Eggs contain the best quality protein. They’re versatile and can even be used to make high protein desserts like eggnog. Eggs are rich in vitamins, minerals, and good cholesterol.
This classic eggnog recipe can also be modified to make eggnog cheesecake.
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 – 8 tbsps of sugar (optional)
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch of cinnamon, powdered
- 1 cup heavy cream or fresh cream
- 1 tsp of nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- Boil the milk, cinnamon, cloves, and vanilla for a few minutes.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Gradually add the hot mixture to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat till it’s thick.
- Add the cream and nutmeg. Stir well. Refrigerate overnight.
Check out How many calories are present in eggs.
5) Keto vegan brownie
This is a vegan option to consider among high protein desserts.
- 1 scoop of vegan protein powder, chocolate flavour
- 1 tbsp of desiccated coconut
- Stevia as a sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips, optional
- Grease a small baking bowl or a ceramic mug and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the protein powder, coconut, baking powder, sweetener, and cocoa powder, and mix well.
- Add the milk, and mix till it’s fully incorporated. Top with chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 60 seconds. Remove from microwave, and enjoy warm. You can also drizzle some chocolate sauce.
High protein desserts can reduce cravings and help you lose weight. Try to substitute your unhealthy eating habits with the aforementioned recipes for a healthier life.